Rebecca Leary Safon has dedicated her life’s work to the care of women, as a Neuromuscular Massage Therapist, yoga therapist and meditation teacher.
In 2000, she founded Mother-to-Mother Massage & Yoga Therapy, creating a sacred space for women to explore body, mind and breath with nurturing and support. Her clients and students range in age from 15-75+.
With Mother to Mother, she teaches yoga and meditation in studios around the Atlanta metro area and in private practice, specializing in therapeutic yoga, yoga for cancer survivors, meditation, prenatal, and meditative flow/vinyasa.
Before beginning her work in alternative healthcare, she was a dance and theater producer in New York City and Atlanta. She raised two strong, smart and beautiful daughters in Atlanta with her husband, two cats, and a Great Dane named Leon.
Credentials & Training
Rebecca Leary Safon graduated from the Academy of Somatic Healing Arts in 2000 as a Neuromuscular Therapist, with advanced training in pre- and perinatal massage therapy.
She became a 200-hour registered yoga teacher in 2013, studied advanced prenatal yoga and YogaBorn childbirth education in 2014, and in 2016, completed 500 hours of training in therapeutic applications of yoga, meditation and yoga philosophy.
In 2017, Rebecca Leary Safon received certification as a yoga therapist from IAYT. In 2018, she was certified in yoga for pelvic floor health, and in 2019 received certification in Yoga 4 Cancer (Y4C), and Meditation.
In November of 2019, she received a certificate of completion from Duke Integrative Medicine in Integrative Yoga for Seniors, with Carol Krucoff and Kimberly Carson.
Rebecca Leary Safon is a proud board member of SYTA (Southern Yoga Therapy Association).
Yoga and Massage Credentials
Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts (2013-2015) with Yoganand Michael Carroll and Jacci Gruninger
The Center for Integrative Yoga Studies with Marlysa Sullivan
Yoga for Cancer Y4C with Tari Prinster
Integrative Yoga for Seniors, Duke Integrative Medicine with Carol Krucoff and Kimberly Carson
- Yoga Teacher Training-200 hour (2013)
- Yoga-Born Childbirth Educator (2013)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (2014)
- Yoga Teacher Training-500 hour (2015)
- Yoga for Cancer Y4C (2019)
- Integrative Yoga for Seniors, Duke Integrative Medicine (2019)
Functional Anatomy and Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga, Musculoskeletal Assessment, The Yoga Way: Towards Psychological and Emotional Well-Being, Tantra Hatha Yoga Approach to Chronic Pain and Conditions, Thai Yoga Basics, Advanced Pranayama, Teaching Meditation, Philosophy Independent Study
Academy of Somatic Healing Arts (ASHA) (2000)
- Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) in Swedish Massage—stress relief;
- Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) – trigger point work for pain management;
- Clinical Sports-Performance Massage (SMT) – structural re-alignment, injury prevention;
Labor Doula Training (DONA/CAPPA)
- to provide support and assistance to laboring women and their partners (2000)
Pre- and Peri-Natal Massage (Carole Osborne)
- certified Pregnancy Massage Therapist (2000);
- Teaching Assistant (2001-present);
- Advanced Perinatal Massage Therapy Seminar: Supporting Your Clients with Special Needs (2011)
Breastfeeding Support Specialist (Lactation Education Resources)
- to assist with breastfeeding technique and body positioning (2003)